Many of us wants to have a page on Wikipedia. While Wikipedia removes your created page if it’s not information and more of personal page or promotional content. Startup companies or Personal Pages are removed within 24 hours and put on debate. But the Wikipedia User Portal provides you to create your own Wikipedia Page. The page is almost alike the info you found on various entities.
What is Wikipedia?
Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia, created and edited by volunteers around the world and hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation.
Eg. Google here is a reputed company and has a page on Wikipedia.
Eg. Parveen Bhadoo here is a Personal user page on Wikipedia.
Steps to Create a User Page.
- Create a account on Wikipedia.
- Choose a Username like John_Doe instead of John Doe.
- Fill the spaces with underscores and Every First letter should be Capital (not required but better to be).
- After you login you will see your name at top of the page. saying user page doesn’t exist.
- Click on it and Create your User Page.
- You may get redirected to meta.wikimedia.org site but every user page on this site also reflects on Wikipedia (not available in search).
- There you can write about yourself and add you photos.
- Feel free to check my Wikipedia Page and click on edit to check how it was written.